The ATTO FibreBridge™ 6500 integrates SAS/SATA disk or tape storage into a Fibre Channel SAN, increasing availability and scalability while allowing the use of direct attached storage on a shared Fibre Channel network. It reduces CAPEX and OPEX by consolidating direct attached storage and reducing the number of required cards, cables and switch ports. The FibreBridge™ 6500 also leverages ATTO's intelligent controller technology to add superior management and monitoring to direct attached storage.
The FibreBridge 6500 is available in a rackmount form factor with single or dual power supplies. System builders and OEM customers can sign up to use the embedded MicroATX form factor, SKU FCBR-6500-E00. Contact us for more details on the ATTO FibreBridge embedded program.
With Fibre Channel disk drives being phased out for SAS drives, the FibreBridge 6500 will allow you to connect newer, faster and higher capacity SAS or SATA drive technology to your existing 2, 4 or 8Gb Fibre Channel SAN. By eliminating the Fibre components in a drive chassis, power consumption is reduced along with costly Fibre components such as SFPs and the quantity of switch ports required by storage.
The FibreBridge enables users to manage storage infrastructures with features not found in direct connect technologies. Advanced read ahead and write cache algorithms in the FibreBridge give users the highest level of performance. Robust error processing enables the FibreBridge to manage disk and communication errors between targets and initiators. Email notification of errors and persistent error and trace logs assist troubleshooting in the field to minimize downtime.
- Two 8Gb/s Fibre Channel ports by two x4 6Gb/s SAS connectors (8 phys)
- Auto negotiates to 8Gb, 4Gb or 2Gb Fibre Channel
- Includes two optical 8Gb/s LC SFP+ modules
- SAS QSFP modules support passive and active copper with support for optical connectors
- Supports SAS and SATA hard disk drives
- Supports SAS and SATA flash solid state disk drives (SSD)
- Supports SAS Tape devices
- Capable of supporting up to 240 drives
- Up to 1200MB/s sustained transfer rate
- Up to 75,000 IOPS
- Backward compatibility with all previous SAS protocols
- Drive Map Director™ patented SAS device mapping
- Features intelligent Controller Architecture™ for optimized performance
- ExpressNAV™ Storage Manager for easy remote configuration, management and diagnostic capabilities
- Built-in temperature monitoring
- Capable of scaling performance, connectivity and reliability with redundant controller support
- Statistic Reporting for SAS and Fibre Channel ports
- Available with single or dual fixed power supplies
- Worldwide certifications
- Advanced integration available for OEM applications
- SNMP and SNMP MIB support
- MicroATX embedded form-factor available
- 2-Year standard product warranty
- Audible Alarm
- No batteries
- RoHS compliant