The program includes a free accredited on-line course designed to give integrators and resellers the framework and foundation to succeed in the digital signage space. Participants, upon successfully completing the course, earn four renewal (CEU) credits toward their InfoComm Certified Technology Specialist (CTS®) certification as well as a number of Black Box incentives.
"Digital signage is one of the fastest-growing segments of the commercial AV and IT industry," said Steve Acquista, Director of Digital Signage for Black Box. "To help our channel partners grow their business in this segment, we collaborated with Brawn Consulting in the development of this on-line digital signage course."
The challenge for today's integrators and resellers who want to enter into this space is one of immersion, Acquista said. "They really need a concentrated way to gain a full understanding of what digital signage is really all about. It's because of this need that we felt it necessary to offer a comprehensive educational program to help them understand the digital signage market and what's required to be successful at it," he said.
The self-directed, four-hour course covers, in part:
- An overview of digital signage as well as the individual segments that make up the industry.
- An overview of the digital signage marketplace reflected in research and data.
- The seven key elements of digital signage.
- Understanding digital signage customers and applications.
- How to perform a needs analysis (who, what, when, and where).
- The fundamentals of effective digital signage system design.
- The locations and environments of digital signage.
- The essentials of digital signage hardware and software, and how to select vendors.
- The types of digital signage networks.
- The sources and types of digital signage content.
- Fees and service models for digital signage.
- Digital signage ROI/TCO/ROO.
- How to sell value in digital signage.