The UPJ-1XP, with IntelligentDC technology, offers the same sonic signature, robust peak power output, and rotatable VariO horn as the UPJ-1P, while also offering the advantages of external DC power, making it an elegant solution for installations where AC cabling is not feasible. Powering the UPJ-1XP from an external MPS-488HP power supply affords the flexibility of lengthy cable runs without conduits.
The compact UPJ-1XP was designed for flexibility. With a simple turn of its 80-degree by 50-degree VariO rotatable horn, it can provide optimum horizontal or vertical coverage for any installation. With its extraordinary size-to-power ratio and generous rigging options, the UPJ-1XP is well suited for use as a single, primary loudspeaker or as part of multicabinet horizontal and vertical arrays. Applications include AV presentations, small- to medium-sized sound reinforcement systems, fill, delay, effects, and distributed systems.
Designed and manufactured at Meyer Sound's factory in Berkeley, California, the UPJ-1XP's transducers include one 10-inch cone driver and one 3-inch diaphragm compression driver. The proprietary drivers are powered by an onboard 2-channel, Class-D power amplifier that delivers 300 watts of total burst power.
With IntelligentDC technology, the UPJ-1XP receives power and balanced audio from a single loudspeaker connector, available as a Phoenix™ 5-pin male, sealed SwitchCraft® EN3TM 5-pin male, or sealed ECO-M 7-pin male. The use of composite multiconductor cables (such as Belden® 1502 or equivalent) allows a single cable to carry both DC power and balanced audio to the UPJ-1XP. The loudspeaker's amplifier and signal-processing circuits store DC power and tolerate voltage drops, thereby accommodating light-gauge cables and lengthy cable runs.
UPJ-1XP loudspeaker systems require an external MPS-488HP IntelligentDC power supply. The rack mount multichannel power supply can deliver DC power and balanced audio to eight UPJ-1XP loudspeakers at cable lengths up to 150 feet with just 1 dB of loss in peak SPL using 18 AWG wire. Longer cable runs are possible with heavier wire gauges.
The UPJ-1XP cabinet is coated with a textured black finish and includes heavy-duty, corrosion-resistant 6061-T6 aluminum end plates with threaded M8 attachment points for basic eyebolt rigging and third-party pole assemblies. QuickFly® rigging options include the MAAM-UPJ array adapter (also made from 6061-T6 aluminum), MUB-UPJ U-bracket, and MYA-UPJ mounting yoke assembly. Other options include weather protection, custom color finishes, and cabinets without handles.
- IntelligentDC technology affords the flexibility of lengthy cable runs without conduits
- Exceptional fidelity and extended high-frequency performance
- Extraordinarily flat amplitude and phase responses for tonal accuracy and precise imaging
- Constant-Q horn affords uniform response throughout coverage area
- VariO horn allows loudspeakers to be oriented horizontally or vertically
- With QuickFly rigging can be mounted as a single cabinet or flown in multicabinet horizontal and vertical arrays
- Portable and installed AV systems
- Theatrical sound reinforcement
- Compact voice reinforcement systems
- Conference centers, presentations, ballrooms, and houses of worship